Wednesday, August 26, 2015

How Mary Kay Will Help Me BQ

Cleanser, moisturizer? Foundation, concealer? Perfume, cologne?
I used to be a Mary Kay Consultant...Yes, I was, for realzzz, no joke.
The bizarre part of being involved in the MK culture was that it was a 'dry' society, as in alcohol free and at the time I was anything but an abstainer.
I was so attracted to the message at MK that the packaging didn't matter, the products didn't even matter, although I did like them. What caught my attention was the community of (mostly) women and their supportive message that anyone could do anything that they didn't give up on. No matter what your thoughts or experiences are about MK, Mary Kay Ash had her sh*t together as a leader and as a woman in the patriarchal business world. She knew how to motivate people, women in particular, to achieve things that they never dreamed possible.  I retired from my MK business a long time ago, but the principles of achievement that I learned as a MK beauty consultant underpin every goal I set for myself, to this day. 

5 Things I learned from MK that will Help me a BQ

  1. Those who are blessed with the most talent don't necessarily out perform everyone else. It's the people with follow-through who excel. ~Mary Kay Ash
  2. People fail forward to success.~ Mary Kay Ash
  3. For every failure, there is an alternate course of action. You just have to find it. When you come to a roadblock, take a detour. ~ Mary Kay Ash
  4. Give yourself something to work toward -constantly. ~ Mary Kay Ash
  5. Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know it, so it goes on flying anyway. ~ Mary Kay Ash


With my friend Lisa at a 'dry' MK function in 2008



A Boston qualifier is a long way off for me but that doesn't matter. Now that I have set my goal I will just do the work day by day. One day all the work, all of the obstacles and all of the sweat will get me there. I will keep my mind right and my thoughts positive. I will not give up; I will fly like the bumble bee. 




Staying focused: What I am Reading Now
I read as much as I can. I always seem to have 3 or 4 books on the go because there are so many books and so little time. What are you reading now?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Stronger

Stronger